The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes
The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those living in the same households, whether or not related) of The Atlantic Monthly Group, LLC ("Sponsor") or Ipsos Reid Corporation and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Sweepstakes Parties") are not eligible to enter or win.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on October 17, 2018 at 9:00 AM (E.T.) and end at 11:59 PM (E.T.) on December 31, 2018 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes will be administered by the Ipsos Connect Panels division of Ipsos-Reid Corporation, 1285 West Pender Street, Suite 200, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4B1 (the "Sweepstakes Administrator").
4. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
A. Online Entry. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, register to participate in The Atlantic Reader Council, where you will be able, but are under no obligation, to participate in surveys, forums, polls, and more. The registration survey is available online at www.theatlanticreadercouncil.com. Complete the registration survey with all required information and then submit your entry by clicking on the "Register" button. You will then receive an email to confirm your participation on the panel. Once you have done this, you will be officially registered to the panel.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor regarding Sponsor's products and services. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
B. By Mail. Alternatively, anyone may enter the Sweepstakes by printing the words "The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes Entry," along with his or her name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip, email address, and phone number on a 3" by 5" white index card. Mail the card to The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes, Ipsos Connect Panels, 1285 West Pender Street, Suite 200, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E4B1. To be considered eligible in the Sweepstakes, entries must be received no later than December 31, 2018.
There is no obligation to participate in The Atlantic Reader Council after registration, and participation does not increase chances of winning the Sweepstakes. No methods of entry other than the methods specifically described herein will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or unsuccessful attempts to enter. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Incomplete entries and/or entries not received by the deadlines will not be eligible. Limit (1) one entry per person, per mailing address, per outer-mailing envelope and per email address.
5. Winner Selection. One (1) winner (the "Winner") will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received, commencing on or about January 7, 2019. Selection of the Winners by Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. Prizes and Odds. The Winner will receive Five Hundred Dollars ($500) in the form of an prepaid gift card. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winner will be notified on or about January 7, 2019. Sponsor will email Winner at the email address provided on the entry form. Failure to reach any Winner by email after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of the associated winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The Winner may waive the right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsors. The The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Atlantic. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 31, 2019) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.theatlanticreadercouncil.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), The Atlantic Reader Council Sweepstakes, ATTN: Ipsos Connect Panels, 1285 West Pender Street, Suite 200, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E4B1.